About The Rail Stop Saloon
When Mike and Debbie Heinowski decided to take on a new venture they stuck to their strong Waterford roots and opened The Rail Stop Saloon located at 600 E. Main Street in the village of Waterford. The historical background intrigued the Heinowski's and made this building perfect for renovating which was done using local Waterford contractors.
In 1915 the building was the ticket station for T. M. E. R. & L. Co. interurban car line. It also served as a waiting room, boasted an ice cream parlor, news stand and confectionery store. At the rear were the dining room, kitchen and wash rooms along with a number of large sleeping rooms for passengers on the second floor. After the closing the Waterford depot, John Schriehart turned the building into a bar and eventually it became a residential house. The Heinowski's are sincere in keeping the building’s historical past and kept everything original that could be saved, including the original hardwood floor. Historical articles and photos of its past is the main focus of the bar.
Mike and Debbie are committed to having a warm, friendly bar along with seating on the large outdoor porch. “We have put our heart and soul into The Rail Stop Saloon and invite you to come and share a drink with us.”